This recipe is almost the same as the simple breakfast porridge I posted before, but this one has more fruits and super-foods (it’s nice to vary the ingredients even if the dish is similar).
If you’re put off by the green colour, then just skip the spirulina and add any other super food you like (maybe some lucuma, or cacao?). I thought it was weird eating a green breakfast at first too, but then I got used to it and found it to be a great way of “hiding” spirulina in the sweet taste of the fruits.
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup mango
- 1/2 cup persimmon (aka sharon fruit)
- 1 heaped tea spoon of maca powder
- 1/2 tea spoon spirulina powder
- 1/2 cup aloe vera juice (blended aloe vera gel with some water)
To garnish (all optional):
- A handful of walnuts or any other nuts
- Goji berries
- Hemp seeds
- Blueberries, raspberries or any other berries
- Cut up mango pieces
How to make:
- Peel if desired.
- Cut into small pieces and place in the blender.
- Add the super foods.
- Now blend! If you’re using a normal blender, you will need to stir it to get it going as I didn’t put any water in it (though aloe vera juice makes it easier). If you’re using a hand blender then this recipe will be even easier to make.
- Once its done, pour into your favourite pretty bowls and add crushed nuts and any other things you like: goji berries, raisins, hemp seeds, more fruit? Anything!
- Enjoy and share!