Here’s my simplified version of my grandma’s breakfast recipe. It’s so incredibly yummy that you will be eating this every day. It makes you eat more fruits than you could do on their own and keeps you going easy until 1-2pm because it contains nuts.
The reason I call it a porridge and not a smoothie is because I don’t add any liquids to it, to be able to eat it with a spoon. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t like the idea of drinking my breakfast.
Ingredients for the raw fruity porridge:
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1 banana
- 1 tea spoon of maca powder (optional)
To garnish (all optional):
- a handful of walnuts or any other nuts
- goji berries
- hemp seeds
How to make:
- Peel if desired.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Add maca powder for some hormonal balance if you wish.
- Put everything in a blender and…blend! If you’re using a normal blender, you will need to stir to get it going.
- Add crushed nuts and any other things you like, goji berries, raisins, hemp seeds, more fruit? Anything!