Makes 6 crepes
Equipment: blender, dehydrator
Raw vegan banana crepe recipe
These crepes are super delicious – an absolute must-try! They do require a dehydrator, but for those of you who live in a hot climate, you can even dehydrate them out in the sun…or if you live in a cold country – put them on top of a radiator (hey I’m all for experimenting!).
For the crepes:
- 6 ripe bananas or more
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
For the filling:
- Your choice of berries or cut fruit. I used mango, strawberries, blueberries and bananas
For the sauce:
- See: Berry jam recipe
- Or you can use a more creamy sauce, for example: a vanilla cashew cream, peanut butter with maple syrup or even just mix some coconut milk with your favourite sweetener and that’s it!
How to make the banana crepes:
- Blend the bananas in a high speed blender (I recommend the Vitamix or Blendtec) until smooth. Don’t add water but feel free to add some cinnamon powder if you like.
- Spread the mixture onto a non-stick dehydrator sheet, making sure it’s about 0.5cm thick so it doesn’t break when it’s done.
- Put into the dehydrator for about 6-10 hours at 42ºC. For the first hour you can put the dehydrator at 60ºC and then lower it – it takes some time for the food to warm up so it will still technically be raw, but it will get ready faster.
- When that’s done, cut the fruit that you like and prepare the sweet sauce according to the recipe.
- Wrap together and enjoy.
- To store the wraps, roll them up in between baking sheets. Don’t leave them on the dehydrator sheets, they will be difficult to take off after a day (if that happens, just dehydrate them again for 30 minutes).
- Don’t keep the crepes in the fridge.
- If you over-dried them and they went too hard – don’t worry! Either leave them out for a day for them to naturally soak up the moisture in the air, or spray some water on them to soften them up.